The story of Kraljevica begins in the 1242 when the Hungarian king Bela IV took shelter in the town, fleeing from the Mongol invasion. At the time, Kraljevica was known as Austrian port and one of the oldest shipyards in the Mediterranean. Thanks to its extremely healthy climate and ideal geographical position it has been a very popular visiting place, even since. In the very centre of the town, there is old town Zrinski, one of the most attractive history monuments in the area. Kraljevica is a place of significant interest to sailors and sea divers for all the sea and underwater activities available, and has a safe docking port.